Tuesday, March 13, 2007

TREMORS Main Stage Presentation

Rockabilly? Headless cowboys? A GF named Cry Baby? I'm there.


(Vancouver, BC) I'm heading out of town on Friday and but thankfully it's Spring Break at BCIT and I'll be able to slip in to see this fantastic looking play. I'll even wear a polka dot dress (unless I would have to shave the beard I'm growing). Maybe I'll just stick with my Daytons and a pack of smokes.

This is from Rumbles' website:


The Headless Cowboy
Calgary's Broken Spoke Theatre
Performance Works, Granville Island
March 14 - 17 @ 8pm
Sat matinee @ 2pm, March 17
2-for-1 Opening Night, March 14!

RAUNCHY ROCKABILLY SATIRE
Rock, revenge, and an alien named Ginger With Knives!

The Headless Cowboy is a rockabilly satire merging music and performance with the visual strengths of theatre, dance and video bringing a fresh, comedic look at a heart-breaking tragedy in a multi-disciplinary performance by three of Alberta's most sought-after artists. The Headless Cowboy explores the nature of belief in a compelling tale. The titular Cowboy seeks revenge against Dead Man who shot off his head and kidnapped his girl - Cry Baby. Meanwhile, the alien Ginger with Knives is collecting sperm samples to start a human petting zoo.

Directed by Eileen Sproule (generic theatre) and performed by Brad Payne, Kristine Nutting, Kyrsten Blair, Andrew Payne and Ian Manhire.

Tickets can be rustled up by clicking here.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home