Friday, November 16, 2007

Something about broken hearts and knives that leads to trouble

The Audience Gasped When the Clown Turned Nasty

(VANCOUVER, BC) I saw Cavalleria Rusticana and I Pagliacci performed by the Vancouver Opera Society last night.

I can sum up the experience in two words. Fucking. Awesome.

In I Pagliacci I didn't think I'd have any sympathy for Canio (he murders Nedda, his wife, for having an affair with Silvio) but god-damned if his heartbreak didn't make me hesitate just a little.

La Commedia รจ finita!
. No fucking shit!

And during Cavalleria Rusticana I fell in love with the music so much so that when I die I want to have 'Regina Coeli' sung en masse and everyone weeping with lovelorn heartbreak. Hey, it's my funeral and you'll cry if I want you to.

Definitely worth the time and money.

xo

MVL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home