Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Quick Look Back and a Brief Look Forward

The heart has reasons the mind knows not of

I began this blog in the hopes of having a place to put some thoughts, now and again, regarding the arts and culture as they touched my life. As a 'consumer' of the local art scene and a spendthrift on books I hoped to create a little pay-back.

The blog began to review various pieces I had seen and promote the works of friends and local artists.

However, the work-a-day world whisked me away frequently, beat me with its incessant demands, and only released me in its fickle moments when it briefly sought to pleasure itself in the ass of someone else.

But the work-a-day world and I have parted ways. For the moment. I've decided this is a good time for me to divulge in some of my own artistic projects.

These include some performance arts spaces (alcohol included) and a couple of spoken word pieces that may turn into ongoing things.

But I also want to revive this blog (I haven't written anything for it in several months - my other blog, The Red Rooster Newspaper, has had a couple of entries, as they related to the Canadian Parliament enacting of Bill C10. Go there to read a little more about it.) I really feel that a good arts community makes a livable city and community. I want to do as much as possible to foster and promote the arts scene here (and there, when relevant).

On a personal note (arts-wise) I've become infatuated with William Shakespeare and his works (MacBeth, Hamlet, Othello, and Romeo and Juliet to start). Seriously. I've been greeting my friends with, "do you bite your thumb at me, sir?" and hissing "Macbeth! Macbeth! MacBeth!". I can't help but cackle as I cook, "Cauldrons boil and cauldrons bubble!" And I dismiss things with a bored, "Buzz. Buzz." When they anger me I yell at my cats, "Get thee to a nunnery!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home