Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What's Your Frequency, Kenneth?

Who would have thought that horse trading would lead to a new stereo system

Yes, it's true. I ignored the world as it stumbles towards oblivion and put aside the fact we're all gonna die (talk to the hand, I say) and went instead and did some Craigslist searching and then some horse trading with a local DJ. The results are my new freakin' awesome Technics sound system with a Stanton digital turntable that gave me a smile so wide it nearly ripped my head off.

Gregorian chants sound wonderful, Afghan style sitar music is brilliant and bright, The Buzzcocks never sounded better, John Coltrane's sax is the best it is ever been, Husker Du is edgy and punchy. I stood listening on the far side of the living room and then the near side. I sat crosslegged in the middle. It's been days now.

Yeah, baby, it sounds awesome. Even my brother's late 70s metal LPs sound great, and I hate my brother's late 70s metal LPs.

Come on over and bring some vinyl records, your ripped MP3s, your cassettes, or CDs. We'll get my neighbours all riled up and have a real good time.

xoxo

MVL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home