Monday, September 18, 2006

"Turn it up to eleven and rip the knob off!"

Orson
Bright Idea
Mercury Records

After succeeding in angering everyone at the BCIT Safety and Security office with the bands on Orientation Day I’ve turned my attention toward alienating every one of my neighbours with two or three new CDs including this little gem from Orson, a five piece bundle of joy from LA.

Here these guys rediscover the best sounds from 1970’s guitar rock with the added low-end made technically possible by the invention of the compact disc and reworking it all into a bouncy, lively record. Bright Idea was recorded in late 2005 for a cost of $5000 and it not only got them a deal with Mercury Records it also put them on stage as the supporting act for Duran Duran earlier this year and now currently for Robbie Williams. The single No Tomorrow is climbing the charts in the UK but my favourite is the catchy title track, Bright Idea, with its tom-tom drumming and jangling rhythm guitar.

I think my neighbours like it best too since they keep rhythm by beating on their walls and floors.

xoxo

MVL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home