Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Secret Policeman's Ball

I Spent the Weekend Listening to Vinyl


For some reason this year has tumbled and rolled like a convict leaping from a speeding train; I've barely had time to catch up.

CCRA has been knocking on my door - apparently they want some money but by my calculations I don't owe any back taxes - we'll soon have it out with their high-powered calculators and my abacus - and may the best person win.

I've started a new job and, while it's super fun, I'm also hurting for time to spare. Especially so when I no longer have my own office or my own computer (I'm using a spare office and spare computer - while my co-workers dream I write).

This weekend I slept fitfully, like a man in the first weeks of a coma but in the mornings I paid some bills, cancelled a lost credit card, returned some long overdue emails, and sipped black coffee. I also pulled out my vinyl and listened to The Lounge Lizards, Steely Dan's Aja, Phil Manzanera's 801 Live, The Secret Policeman's Ball, and Neil Young's Helpless.

I started reading Tim Richardson's history of candy and sweets, abandoned Augusten Burrough's latest (cruelty to a rodent) and flipped off an old nemesis with a carefully worded email that, I hope, essentially said, 'fuck you'.

Three days holiday but I'm again into hour 12 at work and I'll be here for another two.

Remind me to call Brandon tomorrow. Anyone. Please.

Peace.

M

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

So.. my paranoia about the reasons you haven't replied to my emails are just that... paranoia? Don't forget to take your Vitamin C, M.

7:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home